Saturday, 19 March 2011

22 minutes and counting

So, I'm up to the dizzy heights of 22 minutes continuous running, as of this morning. Managed 2 miles today, although I may have gone off a little fast for me as it felt harder than normal. Still, it was very cold, which may not have helped. Little trot around the local reservoir today, it's just short of a mile around it, so did a couple of laps - very nice in the sun though.

A few weeks ago, I signed up for Cancer Research's Race for Life. I think this will be my 7th or 8th year running it, but only the second time at the race I've signed up for. It's 5km (3.2 miles) long, but not until the end of July, so plenty of time to get everything stronger. It's a great experience and a great way of raising some money for a great cause.

I've just learned that a ParkRun should be starting nearish to me in the next few weeks, so I might get out and do that in due course too. I may even be able to convince my husband to start running and do it with me!

I'm feeling a bit of running optimism!

No comments:

Post a Comment